Sunday, February 16, 2014

My latest challenge

I love challenges! This cause me to push myself harder and to stretch myself in ways that I never thought was possible before. They motivate and inspire me. One of the challenges that I did a couple of months ago was to read the Book of Mormon and the New Testament in 40 Days and 40 Nights. It took me a little bit longer than 40/40, but I did finish it! It was incredible! I got to see how much those two sets of Scriptures mesh together. When I would be reading a passage in the Book of Mormon, frequently, it would correspond with my daily reading from the New Testament.

Today, I had the opportunity to attend Mission Prep Class at my ward because the YW President was out of town. The topic of discussion for today was "How to study Scriptures effectively". Bishop challenged the students to try different ways, to push themselves, and to approach studying in a variety of manners. He encouraged me, albeit indirectly, to take him up on a challenge that he had presented to the YW during Girl's Camp this summer. Bishop had challenged the YW and their leaders to read through the Book of Mormon with a topic in mind. Whenever the topic/question gets answered, to mark the references. At the end, he suggested writing a one page summary on what we had learned. I'm going to do his challenge, just a bit differently.

Bishop had suggested the topic of conversion. I'm going to broaden that subject a bit. I'll be looking for conversion and seeking for the truth. I know that many, if not all, people seek for truth, in one form or another. I'd really like to see how the Book of Mormon addresses these subjects, and the knowledge that I glean from it. As I work on this project, I will do my best to post about it, either weekly or every other week (since I'm still in med school, and studying for boards, etc). But, that is my challenge.

Anyone up for joining me?

No comments:

Post a Comment